Anyone with APS1 with Celiacs and Diabetes

Forum for Addisons and diabetes related issues.

Anyone with APS1 with Celiacs and Diabetes

Postby kar0913 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:01 am

My 18 year old son has dealt with APS1 since early in his life and is now borderline Celiacs and Diabetes. He's had three seizures in the past 8 mos and we're not sure if it's his calcium levels, the Celiacs or Diabetes. We just started last night doing glucose tests once a day at different times of the day for two weeks. Does anyone out there have or know of anyone with the same issues. With the APS1, he has Chronic Mucocataneous Candidiasis, Granulomas - Chronic Hepatitis, Hypoparathyroidism and Hypocalcemia (Addisons). He takes Mycelex, Rocaltrol, Tums, Florinef, Cortef, Urocit K, Amiloride and Solu Cortef injections in emergencies. Thanks for any input. Kari
kar0913

Re: Anyone with APS1 with Celiacs and Diabetes

Postby wizabef » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:54 am

Hi Kari,
My husband (James -24) has APECED (or APS1). James has candidiasis, hypoparathyroidism, type 1 diabetes, addisons, pernicious anemia, keratopathy, vitiligo, alopaecia, enamal hypoplasia and nail dystrophy. He doesn't have coeliacs so I don't know how much help I will be :). James has only ever had one seizure due to his diabetes, the other seizures he had were when he was around a year old and they were due to low calcium.

There is a yahoo group for APECED (http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/apeced/) and people on there are very helpful as they understand the 'fun' that can be had dealing with the combination of conditions.
Liz
wizabef

Return to Addisons-Diabetes