low blood pressure

Forum for Addisons and diabetes related issues.

low blood pressure

Postby thyroidmom » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:12 am

Howdy,

Does anyone know why my blood pressure might be lower right now? It is usually 105-115 ish, over 65ish. This morning it's 95 over 60. I only know this because I was getting my teeth cleaned and they checked it. I think I have frequent days that I feel like this but didn't realize it was a blood pressure thing.

I'm wondering which condition/meds I should be thinking about - is it a fludro/sodium issue? is it a steroid issue? is it hypothyroidism issue; meaning, maybe my dose is too high/low?
Here are my stats:

Addison's
I take 20mg hydro daily, 10-5-5
I take 0.1 mg fludro daily, 0.5-0.5

Hypothyroidism
I take 137 mcg levo daily
thyroidmom

Re: low blood pressure

Postby Tanya Cook » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:53 pm

I wish I could answer that, but I am trying to figure the same things out. It isn't my blood pressure, but symptoms like dizziness, nausea, fatigue, low blood sugars etc.. I am kind of new to Flurinef so I am trying to figure out if cortisol is too low or electrolytes are off??

I hope you can figure things out and feel better!

TanyaGRID-8NPC
Tanya Cook

Re: low blood pressure

Postby chalcedony » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:55 pm

In Addison's disease, the combination of Fludrocortisone acetate tablets USP with a glucocorticoid such as hydrocortisone or cortisone provides substitution therapy approximating normal adrenal activity with minimal risks of unwanted effects.

The usual dose is 0.1 mg of Fludrocortisone acetate daily, although dosage ranging from 0.1 mg three times a week to 0.2 mg daily has been employed. In the event transient hypertension develops as a consequence of therapy, the dose should be reduced to 0.05 mg daily. Fludrocortisone acetate is preferably administered in conjunction with cortisone (10 mg to 37.5 mg daily in divided doses) or hydrocortisone (10 mg to 30 mg daily in divided doses).

Refer to this: http://www.drugs.com/pro/fludrocortisone.html

Use Levothyroxine sodium tablets, USP only as prescribed by your physician. Do not discontinue or change the amount you take or how often you take it, unless directed to do so by your physician.

Refer to this: http://www.drugs.com/pro/levothyroxine.html

See your physician for any problems related to blood pressure. These may not be side effects to the medications. You may need laboratory tests and diagnostic exam tests to find out your cardiovascular condition.
chalcedony

Return to Addisons-Diabetes